Born at the end of the 60s and grown up on a picturesque Island, Pierre Joel has developed an infinite curiosity for art and aesthetics throughout his diverse life. Being journalist, film director and photographer at the same time, he started to become interested in nude art and the art of the body, mainly through his artistic projects. “I have become interested in nudity in year 2000. Above all it is a passion without any ambition to become famous and recognized for it…”
It was when Drouot, a critics, contacted him three years afterwards for one of his pieces “Fleur de Lys”, that Pierre Joël considered to be a professional nude artist and to deepen his research and knowledge on nude art. The name of his website “Art-Corporel”, represents an atypical perspective on the human body, where the body is not object of photography, but rather becomes only the tool for the nature of the body to express itself.
Putting himself under the service of the body and its various questions and facets, this has been the path, Pierre Joël has chosen for himself.
- Since October 2010
Stage designer & stage technician for shows and theaters in Berlin
- 2008 – Today
Photographer for ads, internet websites, fashion, jewellery, cosmetics in Brussels. Research on graphics and conception for packaging
- Official photographer for “Cinemamed”, International film festival of Mediterranean Cinema.
- Official photographer for “FIFI”, International film festival for independent films.
- 2007 – 2009
Official photographer for “BIFFF”, Brussel International Fantastic Film Festival.
- 2006 – Today
Photographer and graphic designer for Knal Pub Europe Ltd (UK).
- 2004 – 2006
Founder, director and user of the studio “Art-corporel” in Strasbourg.
- 2003 – 2004
Light creature for a One Man Show and a drama play.
development of the photography-therapy in cooperation with doctors, psychologists, sociologists and sexologists.
- 2002 – 2003
Photographer, casting director and art consultant for stylists in Strasbourg.
- 2001 – 2002
Screen play writer and film director of thirteen museographic documentary in German about “MACHT und MÄCHTE” for the Rheinische Landesmuseum in Bonn.
- 2000 – 2003
Independent journalist – editor for the regional news at “France3 Alsace” in Strasbourg.
- 2000 – 2001
Director assistant for designing the theme nights show “THEMA” at ARTE.
- 2000 – 2001
Studio photographer for France 5 and ARTE in Strasbourg.
- 1999 – 2002
Official photographer for “Miss France” organisation team in Strasbourg.
Screenwriter and film director for the documentary “L’ÉNERGIE DU FUTUR AU COEUR DE LA VALLÉE DU RHIN”.
- Screenwriter and film director for the filmlet “SIDA”.
- Screenwriter and film director for the documentary”MIKOLIN”, in French and German for the Deutsch-Französische Jugendwerk in Bonn.
- Screenwriter and film director for the documentary “QUI ETAIT ERNEST BENOIT”, in French and German for the Deutsch-Französische Jugendwerk in Bonn.
- From the 10 th of January to the 1st of February exhibition “Ménage à 3” at the Virginia Gallery in Glasgow. With Aurélie Prissette, Anne-Sophie Jal and Pierre Joël.
- From the 7th of January to the 5th of February collective exhibition Patchwork 8 in Seville (Spain).
- 22 of September to the Gallery-Studio “Art Corporel” in Berlin.
- From the 29th of January to 22nd of February at “The Virginia Gallery” in Glasgow.
- 14 & 15 of December in the Berliner theater “Bat-Studiotheater” in Berlin.
- From the 29th of October to 30th of November at “Espace Filo” in Paris for a group exhibition.
From the 3rd of April until 7th of May, in the Berliner Hedonist club “Kit Kat Club“.
Topic “Transpareny”, in the Restaurant “Houtsiplou” in Brussel.
- In the erotic store “XII” in Vaison-La-Romaine.
- during the meeting ” Fetish Project ” in Brussel.
- In “Galerie d’Enfer” in Brussel.
- In the erotic store “Lady Paname” in Brussel.
In the art gallery “Armontis” on the island “Saint Louis” in Paris.
In the photo studio “Art-Corporel” in Strasbourg, during “open ateliers” in Alsace and in Baden Württemberg.
In the photo studio “Art-Corporel” in Strasbourg, during “open ateliers” n Alsace and in Baden Württemberg.
In the art gallery/restaurant “Aux Camionneurs” in Strasbourg.
In “France3 Alsace” in Strasbourg.
Exhibitions and artistic interventions at erotic fairs :
- “Erotica Dream”
- In Lille (Fr), 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- In Nizza (Fr), 2006, 2007 and 2009
- In Clermont-Ferrand (Fr), 2007
- In Douai (Fr), 2006 and 2007
- In Toulouse (Fr), 2006
- “Erotix” of Mons (Be), 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009
- “Eros” in Genf (Ch), 2007
- “Club Est” / Prova Expo
- in Mülhausen (Fr), 2005 and 2006
- in Besançon (Fr), 2006
- “Erotica” in Brüssel (Be), 2007 and 2008
- “Erotic” in Tournai (Be), 2008
Awarded for the composition of my pieces at the „3. International Erotic Art Contest” in Brussel, 2008.
Artistic Interventions :
- “Porno chic” night in “Concert Noble”, Brussel, 10th April, 2009.
- “Nuit curieuse” in the art and art curiosity centre “la Ferme du Buisson” Marne-La-Vallée, February 2007.
- French, Mother tongue
- German, fluent
- Alsatian, fluent
- English, Basic knowledge
- Polish, Basic knowledge